The only bad thing about receiving my commissioned item at a later time was my hectic schedule this school term. Most of my allowance went to photocopying and printing journals for my thesis and reviewers and paying for my Japanese Language Proficiency Test. The second term of my trimestral school year is notorious for being the shortest and the busiest.
I got this piece commissioned at a time when I was seeing tassles as accessories for bags (or I think even satchels) and necklaces. Because it's a trend thing, the items on the market got this 'high fashion', 'fierce', 'fab' vibe that's too blingy or expensive-looking for my taste. I was also thinking that because I commute everyday, I'm not about to risk my safety wearing anything that looked fancy.
Ah, this is why I am so in love with mori girl! Down-to-earth, handmade, and quaint--these qualities present in the mori subculture fits my personality like a knit glove. Bless my lucky stars that I found a community of sellers dedicated to delivering only made-with-love and handmade goods.
With my previous experience with an online seller, I get jittery when I miss maybe a week or a month of paying the installed fee for my ordered item. Nikita of Nikita Accessories and XO Nikita (blog), she sometimes referred to herself as 'Nike' to shorten 'Nikita', had been really patient and nice to me.
She had been gracious to let me use her photos of the necklace I commissioned from her. Here they are:
The first photo you see is what I uploaded on my Poupèe Girl account. If you got an account there, too, please add me :D My name's Juchin in le Pupe :D
That's a closer shot of the bird-in-the-bird-cage charm that hangs from the navy blue-and-white-striped crocheted ribbon.
The pale pink tassle went well with the whole thing, it's quite a dainty piece~!
I collaborated with Nikita for my necklace and I'm really thankful for her creative hands that this vision came true ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment