Sunday, 6 January 2013

Meat Under the Sheets

You left a sauce stain on my shirt
You set your oil on it
You left a lip print on the napkin cloth

Like all my meals before,
Like all my meals before

This is one batch baby, running out
My oven was never off
The kitchen's too narrow to run about
To weigh the meat and other stuff
And keep them all intact

Meat under the sheets
And it's killing me
In this dish made of pasta,
Your sauce all over me
Cheese under the sheets
And it's killing me

Like all my meals before, like all meals meals meals meals

In here the world won't bring me down
Eating is pure bliss
Out there a hungry girl could drown
In here I feel content

Where did my lasagna go?
My plate is empty
Calorie count is something I don't wanna know
Like all my meals before, like all my meals before

Meat under the sheets
And it's killing me
In this dish made of pasta,
Your sauce all over me
Cheese under the sheets
And it's killing me



 Beef-less Lasagna 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am currently listening to Ellie Goulding ever since I heard her song Under the Sheets while browsing on tumblr. I wasn't normally interested in an account's background music, but it was mashed up with Daft Punk's There's Something About Us and it sounded so good so I had to have it on my mp3 player. So, the inspiration for today's post came from Ellie Goulding's Under the Sheets.


I'm sorry for my fan girl rant up there (^_^) Now, let me tell you something about my lasagna. The usual meat used in lasagna is beef, but my mother requested me to use pork so my baby brother's nanny (who doesn't eat beef for some reason) could enjoy the pasta dish. I had to be obedient or else, so I came up with lasagna with pork in it. On the other hand, if you also don't like putting pork then you could use chicken or tuna or tofu. In any case, marinara is a very forgiving sauce base so any of the things I mentioned would taste great in the lasagna :-)

This was supposed to be my December 2012 post, but I got bitten by the writer's block bug. I'm sorry everyone, here's a happy new year greeting instead:

明けまして
おめでとうございます~!




------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

  1. I always use pork for my lasagna. I taste no difference. O_O Idk why everyone insists on beef.

    ReplyDelete