Monday, 19 September 2011

Feeling Lemon-y? "Snick" a Bite of This!

My good friend Justine shared this quaint recipe five months ago and the combination of lemon and chocolate caught my interest.

Okay. Maybe citrus-y or berry fruit + chocolate is not a new concept. We usually have strawberries + chocolate, orange + chocolate, raspberries + chocolate--lemon + chocolate isn't that new, right? Honestly, I didn't even think lemon + chocolate was possible until she shared the recipe with me.


The original recipe made use of semi-sweet chocolate chips. But since I baked this around 9 pm., I had to be resourceful.

My version is a Franken-cake consisting of Andes Creme de Menthe Thins, Toblerone Dark Chocolate, and Hershey's Dark Chocolate. Basically if you got diabetes or are in the verge of having it; it's not a good idea to have this.

It's lovely to have with tea (Earl Grey or peppermint) or coffee in a nice afternoon or as a guilty-pleasure-sort of a midnight snack.

If you find it too sweet, coffee could balance the flavors out with its bitterness (that is, if you're not the type to have latte or macchiato). The minty taste of the peppermint tea or the citrus bergamot flavor in Earl Grey tea, on the other hand, would compliment the sweetness.

Caffeine is every dessert's best friend. But, nothing beats good old H2O.
Water is still the best beverage~

I had fun making this and I hope you will, too! In the mean time, I'll teach Justine how to make this (yup, she had a hidden agenda right from the start XDDD).


SPECIAL THANKS TO
Philip (Paopao), my college block mate
(the link directs you to his deviantart page)

The original photo was shot on a cloudy day. In addition, it was a week when typhoons were having a pit stop in our country. If I wait for a sunny day, the food will spoil (;_;)
The original photo was dark and generous Philip agreed to fix the colors with his magic Photoshop skills (he probably did something what pros would think is basic; but a Photoshop noob like me won't know the difference). If you're curious with the original photo, you could look at it right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment