Anything lab-created in the edible department does not bring about squeals of delight on anyone who hears, sees, or reads of it. Do not be mislead. I will not talk about fast food praise in this post. Instead, I am referring to one of my most trusted custom accessory sellers on Multiply.
In my opinion, Obscure Prototype Lab shouldn't be as obscure as its name suggests it to be. I became their customer when I ordered their best-selling bar pins, but customized mine in Alice in Wonderland theme (will post them in the near future).
I don't tend to spend a lot on accessories, but there is something in O.P.L. that makes me buy more than one item when I see an accessory (or two) that I like on their Multiply site. In my most recent purchase, I swept their first dessert-inspired album clean and bought 4 out of 6 items being sold.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not rich. And that is the good thing with Ms. Marilyn Martinez's and Atora-Kun's accessory lab: you could arrange a payment scheme with them that fits your money-saving capacity. They are really nice, too!
Maybe you'll think paying a minimum of Php250 or roughly $4-5 is too much for a bag charm or a key chain or even a big pin loaded with ribbons and charms; but what you're paying for with their products (aside from the kawaii factor and customized design) is their durability.
I will confess that I am not the most careful person with my own things. So, it is a great relief to know that whenever I attach one of these babies to my school bag, I am going home with the key chain in one piece. However small the attached charm is, nothing will fall out of it.
I retained the names that OPL gave to each accessory. What I also love about OPL's service is how they package their stuff. As you can see, the key chains came attached to these thin board slabs covered with floral lace doilies. It totally adds to the cute, kawaii-ryori factor.
Cream Puffiness
Cream Puffiness features the classic choux a la creme. Accompanying the star of this key chain are wooden beads, a silver cup/mug, a mini fork, a heart button, and brown ribbons. I know this description prompts the 'You don't say?' meme with Nicolas Cage, but I'm just reiterating it in case the slight blur on the top of the photo makes you miss any detail.
Spoonful of Minty Delight
Devoid of the blur from the first photo, I'm sure there is no need for a play-by-play of what goes on into this bag charm. OPL labeled it as 'minty delight', but the pale rose ribbon with 'Lipton' written on it and the shade of the green cream/glob which sits underneath the dollop of polymer whipped cream makes me think of green tea more than mint. :D
Spoonful of Sweetness
Choco Berry Delight
This charm is one that hasn't returned to my OPL charm box since the day I took it out of its packaging. Unlike the three other desserts (and the Alice-inspired pin), the strawberry cake has been fortunate that I've got a sparkly gyaru-reminiscent bag that goes well with the glittery, loli, girly motif.
While OPL labeled the line as 'loli' I couldn't help but associate the palette of the three charms: cream puffiness, spoonful of sweetness, and spoonful of minty delight to mori girl because of the varying hues of browns, creams and whites, as well as the green. The strawberry cake, however, is undeniably loli.
When it comes to food-related charms, it could be difficult to make it look tasteful in terms of design, material, and quantity of charms attached to a bag charm, bracelet, necklace, or pair of earrings. I make a great exception for Obscure Prototype Lab because they're really good with what they do: custom items with high function, durability, and quirky design.




So kawaii is all I can say. Are you planning to open up a cafe? ^^ ((maid/butler cafe tee-hee))
ReplyDelete