My recent surge in viewership is largely due to my review on Obscure Prototype Lab's products and I am very thankful for them because they shared my blog entry with their friends, family, and patrons. I am also very grateful for the mori girl community on Livejournal for checking out my café post. Of course, I will never forget my 9 followers, particularly Tulip Love, Jesse Lujan, and L.A.R.S for letting me know they check my blog whenever they have time through comment posts. I just found out I gained five more followers from the LJ community! I am really ecstatic and thankful that you guys added me: Sansonnet, Cintya Halim, Rhiannon, Rei Alexandra, and Lizzer ♥
I know this is cliché, but as a thank you to everyone who contributed to making me reach 1000+ page views, I am posting a buttery, chewy, chocolate-y chocolate chip cookie recipe :) In a hypothetical situation, I know that if I had to make something for my 1000+ page viewers whipping up batches of cookies is not only a satisfying experience for everyone involved but also a highly feasible thing to do :D
Crocker-y, Buttery
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Before I discovered cookies-from-scratch could be done with an oven toaster, I relied on Betty Crocker's instant cookie mix. When I was able to cook crinkles in my ancient oven toaster, I was struck with the realization that I've been slow to realize that from-scratch cookie dough could also be cooked in my ancient hot metal box of doom.
In an ironic way, I've cracked the Crocker cookie mix's secret with another of Betty Crocker's recipe. Maybe, it's not much of a secret at all; the mix is for the busy ones, and the recipe is for those who prefer a more traditional approach (also, those who have time on their hands). This recipe is something that closely resembled the taste and texture of the instant mix, but with minor adjustments.
My young bros prefer their cookies to be chewy, soft, crumbly, and flat. So, instead of adding two eggs to prevent flatness, I only added one. If you are fortunate to have a really good conventional oven, then you could preheat at 170C or 350F and bake like you'd normally do (more or less 10 minutes). I have an oven toaster with a steady temperature of 200C or 400F, so I bake mine for a shorter time, like 5-6 minutes.
3/4 cup butter/margarine, softed
1/2 cup and 2 tbsp white sugar
1/2 cup and 2 tbsp brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups (12 oz) chopped dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. If you have a conventional oven, preheat it at 350F or 175C. Cream butter and the two kinds of sugar until it gets fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract, then beat together until thoroughly blended.
2. Stir in the sifted flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix everything together until the liquid is completely incorporated into the dry ingredients. Add the chopped chocolate bits or chocolate chips.
3. On a non-stick cookie sheet or baking tray lined with baking paper, drop rounded tablespoonful of cookie dough. Drop the next dough 2 inches apart from the first one.
4. For people who set the oven at 350F, bake for 12-15 minutes of until light brown. For people with oven toasters, just crank the timer at 6 minutes, then keep a close eye for signs of browning around the cookie edges. You could cool it on the baking tray then transfer to a wire rack of plate, for the cookies to set and cool completely. Repeat process for next batches.
My young bros prefer their cookies to be chewy, soft, crumbly, and flat. So, instead of adding two eggs to prevent flatness, I only added one. If you are fortunate to have a really good conventional oven, then you could preheat at 170C or 350F and bake like you'd normally do (more or less 10 minutes). I have an oven toaster with a steady temperature of 200C or 400F, so I bake mine for a shorter time, like 5-6 minutes.
Ingredients
3/4 cup butter/margarine, softed
1/2 cup and 2 tbsp white sugar
1/2 cup and 2 tbsp brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg
2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups (12 oz) chopped dark chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions
1. If you have a conventional oven, preheat it at 350F or 175C. Cream butter and the two kinds of sugar until it gets fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla extract, then beat together until thoroughly blended.
2. Stir in the sifted flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix everything together until the liquid is completely incorporated into the dry ingredients. Add the chopped chocolate bits or chocolate chips.
3. On a non-stick cookie sheet or baking tray lined with baking paper, drop rounded tablespoonful of cookie dough. Drop the next dough 2 inches apart from the first one.
4. For people who set the oven at 350F, bake for 12-15 minutes of until light brown. For people with oven toasters, just crank the timer at 6 minutes, then keep a close eye for signs of browning around the cookie edges. You could cool it on the baking tray then transfer to a wire rack of plate, for the cookies to set and cool completely. Repeat process for next batches.
I think my definition of 'minor adjustment' had been a major one. I halved the proportion of the ingredients from the original recipe for a smaller batch. But, you could stick to the original one if you intend to bake cookies for many people.; say, around 1000+? :P
This is the part of my recipe where I'd suggest a tea to go with my dessert. I will make an exception for my cookies because these classic sweet nibbles will forever go great with milk. I know Earl Grey goes great with sweets, and if you're in the mood for drinking tea with cookies then it's a go-to blend. A cookie's main component is sugar, so I personally don't like pairing cookie with a sweetened beverage.
Whichever way you want to have it, I'm sure cookies will taste best when shared :D Don't get greedy, share your cookies :)
This is the part of my recipe where I'd suggest a tea to go with my dessert. I will make an exception for my cookies because these classic sweet nibbles will forever go great with milk. I know Earl Grey goes great with sweets, and if you're in the mood for drinking tea with cookies then it's a go-to blend. A cookie's main component is sugar, so I personally don't like pairing cookie with a sweetened beverage.
Whichever way you want to have it, I'm sure cookies will taste best when shared :D Don't get greedy, share your cookies :)
♥♥♥Thank You for the Page Views♥♥♥
Aw, you are too adorable!
ReplyDeleteI found this page through the Mori girl LJ, this blog is so cute I couldn't NOT follow♥ Congrats on gaining more followers, I'm sure there'll be many many more in the future too :)
Oh my! (>///v///<) My first comment on this post! I cannot thank the LJ-mori girl comm enough for boosting the viewership of my humble blog. Thank you for the first comment, too! :D It seems I never run out of people to thank! (Which isn't a bad thing :D) I will do my best on the coming posts so I could not let you guys down (^_^)d
DeleteHi, Juchin. Finally I found your blogspot! I've been busy teaching nursing that I can't even eat real food (have to eat from the can or buy fast food):( Just looking at your recipe pics makes me hungry. Can't wait for school break in May so I can try baking cookies using your recipe! I shared one of your recipes on my facebook page, hope you get more views! Ciao! BTW...Tanjoubi omedetou!
ReplyDelete誕生日おめでとう
Oh, cool! Hooray~ You finally found my blog! Haha! I was hoping Tita Susie could also see my blog so they could see how much time I have on my hands when it's summer and I'm sort of a bum at the moment, haha! They're mostly sweet stuff and Dad jokes that I'm the one who gave him diabetes (even if he doesn't really eat anything I bake). Hmmmm, mom and dad rarely eat what I bake since they both have health problems and shit XDDD The last thing I could remember that they actually ate was the apple pie :D
DeleteI'm actually aiming to recreate your empanada and add my South American spin on it. I wanted to do it for a long time, but due to laziness I haven't gotten around to it, haha!
The cookies are might easy! :D They're from the Betty Crocker website, so I can't really say it's totally mine XDD /I might get sued or something/ Thank you for greeting me in advance!
どもうありがとうございます~