I don't get people's fixation with chocolate. It's rich, it's fattening, it gives you pimples, it gives you diabetes and it doesn't really fill the void in the crevices of a broken heart.
And yet for centuries, humans have always come up with excuses to have chocolate in any form.
Just because I'm not a big fan, it doesn't mean that I totally abhor the existence of chocolate or not appreciate it as a comfort food. I do like chocolate (to some extent) and in few occasions, I actually finish a whole bar (but that's because I only eat dark chocolate with 70% cocoa solids or other not-so-sweet varieties). I've come up with a way to have (white) chocolate in a not-so-overwhelming serving size.
It's straight-to-the-point, sweet, orgasmic, and moderately-sized.
I'm talking about--
White Chocolate Mousse
Cocktail Shot
I slightly deviated from Nigella Lawson's original recipe for the easy chocolate mousse. So, if you like to stick to the original, you could stick to using dark chocolate (with 70% cocoa solids) instead of white chocolate (which I used for my recipe).
Ingredients
(for the Easy Chocolate Mousse*)
150 g. marshmallows
50g. unsalted butter
250g. white chocolate (chopped or in chips)
4 tbsp. water
284 ml or 1 tetra pack of all-purpose cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Directions
1. In a sauce pan, mix the mallows, butter, chocolate and water.
2. Melt the ingredients over low to medium heat and stir.
3. Be alert and be careful not to burn the mixture. Once the mallows melt and yield a gooey consistency, remove from fire and set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream with vanilla until stiff and foamy.
5. Fold the chocolate mix into the cream. Then, chill.
Added tip: If you're finicky about burning the chocolate, you could opt for the double broiler method. It makes use of cooking the chocolate-mallow mixture in a metal mixing bowl over a pot of boiling water.
Assembling the Mousse Cocktail Shot
1. Place the mousse into a piping bag with the smallest nozzle tip (or you could use the one with the star-shaped tip).
2. You have the option of using a martini glass or a shot glass (like what I used).
3. Cut your chocolate cake (any cake of choice) into bite-sized pieces.
4. Soak the cake in coffee, amaretto or cherry liqueur.
5. Fill the base of the shot glass with cake.
6. Pipe the mousse on top and sprinkle with grated dark chocolate slivers. You could have some chopped nuts, more marshmallows, whipped cream and maraschino cherries if it could still fit your container/glass of choice.
7. Chill before serving.
The recipe's really easy and economical. You could find the ingredients in your pantry and finally consume that chocolate cake or brownie that's been sitting in your fridge for almost a month. Given "almost a month" means two weeks from the date it was made, voila~ You could whip up a fancy-schmancy sweet treat for tea time or gatherings.
No comments:
Post a Comment